This petition was submitted during the 2015–2017 Conservative government
Petition Pause, plan and review before a decision on Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty.
1. Wait 4 to 6 months to allow the parties to resolve their internal conflicts.
2. Take steps to address the divisions that the referendum has revealed in our communities.
3. Hold an independent enquiry into allegations of disinformation during the campaign.
4. Establish a clear plan of what Brexit would entail; for example, movement of people, economic and trading relations, rights at work, environmental legislation and the future of Projects currently receiving EU funding.
5. This plan should be subject to public consultation and democratic process, including the views of 16 and 17 year olds before a final decision is taken about whether to enact Article 50 of the Lisbon treaty.
This petition is closed This petition ran for 6 months