This petition was submitted during the 2015–2017 Conservative government

Petition Have urban areas hold an independence referendum on their membership in the UK

The social and cultural attitudes of those living in urban areas are drastically different to those of rural communities. Due to this cultural divide, having urban areas declare independence to form a Federal Urban Republic of Britain will ensure that the will of the urban population is carried out.

More details

After declaring independence, we will be left with extreme border gore around the entire country. As the Federal Urban Republic of Britain, we must first form devolved parliaments, and a central parliament most likely in London. We must then negotiate our relationship with the rural areas we left behind, possibly negotiating a free movement of people agreement. It is likely that the FURB will want to stay in the EU, and so a referendum must take place to decide this.
We shall be called FURBies.

This petition is closed This petition ran for 6 months

11 signatures