This petition was submitted during the 2010–2015 Conservative – Liberal Democrat coalition government
Petition Stop the rebel group Lord's Resistance Army (LRA) and arrest its leader Joseph Kony
• Undertake and implement measures necessary to ensure that effective military protection is provided to all civilians affected by and vulnerable to LRA attacks in the area.
• Provide all necessary security measures to ensure that relief agencies are able to provide assistance in the region.
• Endeavour to block the LRA’s access into South Sudan, DRC and CAR.
• Raise the LRA issue with the responsible United Nations, European Union and African Union bodies as a regional security concern.
• In partnership with other concerned governments and regional bodies, to actively search for a viable and permanent solution to the problems created by the presence of LRA.
• Commit to the recovery and rehabilitation of the LRA affected communities.
• Commit to supporting an international effort to arrest Joseph Kony following the International Criminal Court’s Warrant of Arrest in 2005.
This petition is closed This petition ran for 6 months