This petition was submitted during the 2010–2015 Conservative – Liberal Democrat coalition government
Petition Review the EU Cookie Law
The EU Cookie Law, created in May 2011, is in no way beneficial to either the webmaster or the visitor. A few negatives of this law are:
- It will annoy and confuse users who don't currently know what cookies are.
- It makes innocent website owners break the law.
- It is unclear and most website owners don't fully understand what they have to do and whether they need to.
- Every EU State has a different law, where's the consistency?
- It will negatively affect several industries, which in the current economic climate seems like a bit of a stupid move?
- It won't actually help privacy... Which is what it's supposed to do.
There are several steps the government can take in order to make this better:
1. Scrap the law completely. This is the best outcome. What does this law actually achieve in a positive way? Nothing!
2. Then go onto look at how privacy concerns can be dealt with. Cookies are not the way to do it.
3. Stop working against online businesses.
This petition is closed This petition ran for 6 months