Petition Ban the Burqa
We believe that the government should Ban the Burka in the UK.
According to a recent poll 66% agreed with the statement ‘the burqa should be banned in Britain’
42% strongly agreed
27% disagreed with the statement,
68% of men and 65% of women think it should be banned.
Why should the Burka be banned?
1) It's a threat to national security (the terrorist responsible for one of the 21/7 bombings was able to flee in a burka)
2) Fairness (we cant wear a motorcycle helmet or balaclava in a shop)
3) We should not go out of our way to appease foreign ideologies. This isn't even just a religious symbol, considering some Islamic countries have bans.
4) It damages social cohesion by being a divisive block on communication, something vital in our society and causes unease amongst a lot of the population.
5) It is a symbol of oppression of women in foreign countries.
We call on the government to Ban the Burka immediately.
This petition has been archived
It was submitted during the 2010–2015 Conservative – Liberal Democrat coalition government
This petition has been rejected with the following reason given:
There is already a petition about this issue.