This petition was submitted during the 2010–2015 Conservative – Liberal Democrat coalition government
Petition Regulation of Funeral Industry
The funeral industry is currently non regulated, this means that there are no standards in the quality of care our loved ones receive, no official training to ensure a decent standard of work, no outside regulator to check and weed out bad practices or individuals nor is there any reddress in the event of over charging, sloppy work and other dis stressful events which can occur.
1. Official recongnition that Funeral Directors and Embalmers are a trade organisation
2. Miniumim professional qualifications to apply, degree course.
3. Funeral Homes and Mortuaries are subject to checks and paper trails similar to hospital mortuaries
4. Standard Pricing to safeguard emotional people being over charged.
5. Embalmers given similar rights and proctection as nurses and doctors
This petition is closed This petition ran for 6 months