Petition Fund research into pediatric brain cancer & earlier access to experimental drugs
A classroom of innocent UK school children is dying every year to an incurable brain cancer called Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG), but globally over 200,000 children in the last 50 years have lost their lives to this death sentence of an illness. This needs to end & a cure needs to be found
• No cure to date
• Mainly affect children between 4-12 years
• Average survival time from diagnosis is 9 months.
• Every 9 days a child in the UK is diagnosed
• Survival rate +5 years: DIPG 1962-0% 2017-0% vs Leukaemia 1962-4% 2017-94%
• Only 1% of the UK national spend on cancer research has been allocated to brain cancer.
• Fund research into paediatric DIPG brain cancer
• Earlier access to multi modal experimental drugs & delivery system
• UK to be global ambassador for DIPG
Government will respond
Government responds to all petitions that get more than 10,000 signatures
Waiting for 6 days for a government response
At 100,000 signatures...
At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament