Closed petition Give the blood bike community section 19 exemptions for blue light runs
There are 27 blood bike groups up and down the UK that respond to a call for help every night from their local NHS.
They willingly transport urgent medical supplies from hospital or hospital overnight free and voluntarily.
Help us get the emergency delivery to its destination sooner with S19
At present if the selected rider/driver receives a Blue Light call they can not:
• exceed the speed limit
• treat a red light as a give way
• go to the right of a keep left barrier
• Use audible warning equipment
it's 2am, nothing on the road, they still have to:
• travel along EVERY road at the speed limit
• stand at a red light with nothing using the green light.
If we are granted section 19's that few minutes could be the difference in saving a life someday
This petition is closed All petitions run for 6 months