Petition Provide funding to Staffordshire County Council to reduce a £35 million deficit
Staffordshire County Council has already slashed running costs by £240 million in 9 years. There is a further forecast £35 million reduction that will see much needed services for Staffordshire people reduced or even removed. Therefore we are asking the UK Government to provide adequate funding.
Here are just a few of the proposed cuts:
• School crossing patrols
• Review cost of children’s resident provision
• Review alternative autism funding
• Review of Victoria Centre of history grant
• Removal of non-statutory community transport
• Removal of concessionary travel before 09.30
• Reduction in grants to voluntary community social enterprise
• Review of Adult learning disability provisions to remove preventive services
• Review remaining financial support for hate crime
At 10,000 signatures...
At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to this petition
At 100,000 signatures...
At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament