Petition Make qualified Dental Nurse wage a minimum of £12 per hour.
Dental nurses earn on average around £9 per hour regardless of whether this is NHS or private practice and the wage does not reflect the experience or the additional qualifications/duties of the nurse. Dental practices quite simply could not run without the nurses. Their pay should reflect this!
A dental nurses duty:
- Extra work outside of paid hours to ensure the smooth running of a practice
- Stock control
- Infection control & exposure to infection/pathogens & bacteria
- Receptionist duties
- Ensure all equipment is sterilised accordingly
- Adhere to strict regulatory bodies
- Pay around £200+ per year for the privilege of being able to practice
- Pay for continuing professional development out of their poor wage
- Receive little to no recognition for the work they do.
Government will respond
Government responds to all petitions that get more than 10,000 signatures
Waiting for 31 days for a government response
At 100,000 signatures...
At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament