Coronavirus (COVID-19)

What you need to do

What the Petitions Committee is doing

Petition Hold a referendum on the post-2020 UK-EU relationship with option to rejoin EU

In the general election on 12th December 2019, only a 47% minority of votes were for pro-Brexit parties. The democratic wish of the remaining 53% majority must be respected. Therefore hold a first-time referendum on the UK's post-2020 relationship with the EU, including an option to rejoin the EU.

More details

Although first-past-the-post is an established system for electing MPs, and consequently a prime minister, it failed to determine correctly in December 2019 whether a majority of UK and Gibraltar voters support leaving the EU with the withdrawal agreement. The only reliable indicator of this is the total votes for each side of the argument, as was used in June 2016 when the electorate held a different opinion from now. Although the transition period is a fait accompli, the rest of Brexit is not.

Sign this petition

3,224 signatures

Show on a map

10,000

At 10,000 signatures...

At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to this petition

At 100,000 signatures...

At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament

Share this petition