Petition Extend furlough scheme for the UK Aviation sector to help stop redundancies
We call on the Government to intervene and provide support to the UK Aviation Industry by increasing the furlough period as per other European countries. If Government support has been provided, any form of agreement should caveat that future dividend pay outs be paused until recovery is ensured.
- paid out £174m in dividends
- used the Governments job retention scheme
- received a £600m Government loan
- announced in excess of 1200 redundancies
- announced 3 base closures which will affect the surrounding area and local communities.
We emphasis the importance of protecting and maintaining regional connectivity. The Government must get a commitment from operators receiving financial assistance that they will continue to operate out of their current regional UK bases.
Government will respond
Government responds to all petitions that get more than 10,000 signatures
Waiting for 21 days for a government response
At 100,000 signatures...
At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament