Petition Ban DRM and protect consumer rights to use technology without restriction
This petition calls on the government to introduce legislation to:
* Ban the inclusion of DRM on on digital media & on physical devices
* Explicitly guarantee the consumer right to remove DRM and use tech & digital media in any way for personal use
DRM is implemented technically and legally. It limits how people can use technology they purchase.
It does not offer copy protection: https://bit.ly/2FklztS
DRM harms customers & creative industry:
* Render ebooks unreadable https://bbc.in/3huMxMB
* Hold printer users to ransom https://bit.ly/32lqVOb
* Lock publishers into bad deals https://bit.ly/33nHQ1I
* Prohibit screen mirroring https://bit.ly/2Zt1acZ
and impacts technology in many other ways
This petition is a call to end this practice
At 10,000 signatures...
At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to this petition
At 100,000 signatures...
At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament