Closed petition Extend family visas for non-UK parents when health and social care paid by child

We want the Government to make family visas available to any parents of UK residents, where the sponsor makes arrangements for the health and social care of the parent through private insurance. This would negate Government concerns about the cost of care to the tax payer.

More details

Currently parents can only move to the UK to be with their adult children if they need long-term care from their child. For children settling in the UK and contributing taxes, it is unfair they have to wait for their parents physically deteriorate to be able to live with them. The law should be changed to allow parents to move to UK with the understanding that any health and social costs are funded by the sponsor and not by UK taxpayers. This should make the UK more attractive to skilled workers.

This petition is closed All petitions run for 6 months

203 signatures

Show on a map