Petition Create a Cost of Living Animal Welfare Crisis Fund to protect dogs & cats
We face a companion animal welfare crisis of unprecedented proportions as a result of the cost of living crisis. Without Government intervention millions of dogs and cats could be at risk being abandoned or euthanised on economic grounds, on a scale not seen since the pet cull at the start of WWII.
The Government needs to urgently work with animal welfare charities & veterinary industry to put in place animal welfare funding for:
- a network of pet food banks across the UK
- more kennels & veterinary care support
- free veterinary care for the pets of people who are homeless
- mental health support for people working in the veterinary industry
- local authorities to deal with stray dogs
The Government should also arrange fast-track visas for non-UK vets & vet nurses to enter UK.
At 10,000 signatures...
At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to this petition
At 100,000 signatures...
At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament