Closed petition Create a Cost of Living Animal Welfare Crisis Fund to protect dogs & cats
We face a companion animal welfare crisis of unprecedented proportions as a result of the cost of living crisis. Without Government intervention millions of dogs and cats could be at risk being abandoned or euthanised on economic grounds, on a scale not seen since the pet cull at the start of WWII.
The Government needs to urgently work with animal welfare charities & veterinary industry to put in place animal welfare funding for:
- a network of pet food banks across the UK
- more kennels & veterinary care support
- free veterinary care for the pets of people who are homeless
- mental health support for people working in the veterinary industry
- local authorities to deal with stray dogs
The Government should also arrange fast-track visas for non-UK vets & vet nurses to enter UK.
This petition is closed All petitions run for 6 months